Re: AS1000A hardware issues...

Well I played with termination a bit, had it running for a while with
termination on the drive (it's id 0 and physically last on the chain)
disabled, but it started acting up after a power cycle.

Now it won't see the cdrom or the disk, and in the error log I get a few
"I/O failed on pka0.0.0.2000.0 <hex dump>" and "mailbox I/O failed on
pka0.4.0.2000.0, status = 8002"
 and "mailbox I/O failed on pka0.5.0.2000.0, status = 8006" I've tried
different drives and different cables, too.

The odd thing about the above error messages is that there is no id 5,
just 0, 1 and 4.

Anything else you can think of trying?