Re: Optimize X

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:04:52AM +0100, Laurent Jacques wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you have some hints to optimize the X server on alpha ?
> I have just installed debian on my Alpha PW au433 (miata) after a RedHat 7.1
> axp configuration and X seems quite slow now.
>
> My configuration is:
> 	Video card: Matrox (mga)
> 	Depth: 16
> 	XFree 4.1.0
> 	Kernel linux 2.2.19

How much memory do you have, and what window-manager are you using?
X is quite fast here, on my PWS500au, but I have loaded it with 1.5 Gb
of ram - not that you'd need that much to get X going :-)
I'm using fvwm95.

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
De-linting a program which has never been linted before is often a cleaning of
the stables such as thou wouldst not wish on thy worst enemies.