Re: Slllloooowwww Alpha

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Tom Vier wrote:

> what's up with mill ii support, anyway? the fbdev xserver scrolling is
> incredibly slow. the standard svga server is MUCH faster. the kernel has
> experimental accell, but the fbdev xserver says the driver doesn't support
> it.

	Don't know about the framebuffer support since I don't use it, but
I get this interesting effect when I scroll around the virtual screen, as
the brightness darkens and lightens depending on what subset is displayed.

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?