Re: Upload file (Re: Enconding ogg-files)

Michael Stroucken <stroucki@master.debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Falk Hueffner wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> > > I got exactly the same segfault and already filed bug #121995 to the
> > > vorbis-tools package. Strangely enough, the first replay I got to this
> > > report was by someone stating that oggenc runs fine on his Alpha...
> > > This could not the the architecture (my box is a SX164), could it??
> > I can reproduce this on my SX164, too. Perhaps it depends on the actual
> > input? Did the reporter try with the same WAV file as you?
>
> 	I checked the bug report again, and since you still have a problem
> after recompiling, can you make the wav available (bzipped, flacced or
> shortened), and I'll try to figure it out.

For example,

falk@borkum:~% dd if=/dev/zero of=zero.raw bs=1M count=1
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
falk@borkum:~% oggenc -r zero.raw
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  oggenc -r zero.raw

or

falk@borkum:~% touch empty.raw
falk@borkum:~% oggenc -r empty.raw
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  oggenc -r empty.raw

        Falk