PX164LX memory

For the record, since I could not find this info anywhere online when I looked:

PC164LX does not work with 512MB DIMMs :-( It does, however, work with 256 MB DIMMs, leaving a max config of 1 GB of RAM. You need SDRAM, PC100 or better (well, the even slower speed will work but is impossible to find), ECC, unbuffered DIMMs in pairs, e.g. Crucial/Micron part # CT32M72S4D7E.

As an aside, if anyone would like to buy a pair of either 64 or 128 MB DIMMs (or both) for this machine, send me mail.

-Doug