Re: dec/Q ccc compiler

> Does anyone have this running on an alpha under debian? If so, are there
> any noticable improvements over gcc?

  Up to -O2 I cannot see any difference in my codes - except that ccc
makes slightly smaller binaries. In fact, when testing one particular
code, gcc's binary ran faster, but that code was heavy on disk I/O so
cannot really say it was the compiler and not the scsi controller's
cache, kernel cache...
  I have, though, tested compaq's fortran compiler - and it does not
seem to work at all. I get a nice binary but it just exits with return
code 24 when ran! My code does NOT do that. In fact, my code never
even gets ran, it dies before the first line of my code! I have not
looked into that yet - the code has a hideously large data segment,
quite possibly more than my kernel can give it... (just checked that -
it does not have).
  Just my 2 cents...

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|