internal error in make/gcc/c++

  I am trying to compile the IBM Open Data Explorer on a potato system
(I know it already is in sid, but cannot upgrade.) and get the
following error from make (who is running gcc's c++ at the time):

MBMainWindow.C: In method `void MBMainWindow::openMB(char *)':
MBMainWindow.C:3542: Internal compiler error in `scan_region', at except.c:2566
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

  Since 2.95.2 is not the newest version of gcc/c++, I do not wish to
submit a bug report without a second opinion.
  Has anyone been compiling the OpenDX or getting same kind of errors?
The sid-version (who compiled it anyway?) is glibc 2.2, I assume,
since apt-getting it wants to upgrade all kinds of stuff, including
libc6.1. Of course, a .deb for potato would solve my problems, if
anyone knows here to find one. As might be guessed, I'm running an
alpha but there do not seem to be any alpha binaries (rpm, deb or tar)
in opendx.org.
  Thanks.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|