Re: ATI Rage 128 and UP2000/264DP board

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 02:37 pm, Rich Payne wrote:
> Well, a standard UP2000 is the same as below, a UP2000+ alternates
> (0,1,0,1,0,1). So I'm a little perplexed as to why the Ati card didn't
> work in the first slot.

The UP2000 I have is the same as below, but the four PCI slots above the ISA
slot are 32-bit, not 64.

I'm perplexed as well. I've seen a few older postings at www.alphalinux.org
that suggest ATI cards may take longer to be recognized by the firmware, but
that doesn't seem to be the case here. I suppose that the firmware can
recognize an ATI Rage Pro but not an ATI Rage 128-based video card? I realize
that there must be support in the BIOS (for x86) or the firmware (for alpha)
to use different PCI cards, so I suppose this API firmware for the UP2000,
version 5.8-81 doesn't have support for the ATI Rage 128 yet.

MS

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |