Re: XFree86 4.1.0pre1v1.3 on Alpha

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 04:42:34PM -0400, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> Well, an entry in release notes is always in order, or a FAQ if there's
> an appropriate one. I posted that workaround, as well as some others,
> to axp-list, and it seemed to help... ;-}

Jay,

I just wanted to let you know that you can always feel free to contact me
directly when it comes to any Debian XFree86 support issues for Alpha.

I am pretty upset about Compaq selling this architecture to the worst
possible buyer, and I'd like to do what I can to ensure that people don't
migrate away from the Alpha because XFree86 doesn't work on their Debian
systems.

I'd say more, but references to "appeasement" and "the Sudetenland" would
probably invoke Godwin's Law...

Thanks for your all your efforts, past and future.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |  Software engineering: that part of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |  computer science which is too difficult