Re: null modem pinout?

> On May 30, Ron Farrer illuminated with a virtual pen  :

> Does anyone know the null modem cable pinout for SRM? IIRC pins 3 and
> 4 have to be crossed over, is that correct? What about the rest of the
> pins? This is a 25-pin serial cable (db-25) that I want to use for a
> serial console.

According to my specs sheet, pins 2 and 3 get swapped and pin 7 goes to
pin 7 - being ground.
you can leave the rest alone and it will work. I use this solution for my
alpha and a couple of older sparcs.  you don't actually need a null modem
cable. :)
if you want the specs for that though, I'll quite happily post them too.

/jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy