Re: boot error : /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep ... no such file or directory

Further to this, I have discovered a link as /lib/modules pointing to /lib/modules.old/2.2.17 although there is no modules.dep file on the system

Should I modify the link to point to the modules.old directory?

Other than that, I've got no idea where to go from here

Cheers,
Rob