Re: Drivers problem with 2.2r3

Hello,

> I'm trying to install Debian 2.2r3 on my Alpha
> (Ruffian). It seems to be something wrong with the
> drivers disks(1.44MB). It replies that it needs
> drv14alpha_generic 25-Nov-2000 20:04 EST and it says
> that I have inserted the wrong disk.
> I have recieved driver-1.bin from ftp.funet.fi and
> ftp.debian.org, in the directory
> dists/stable/main/disks-alpha/current/images1.44/ and
> they are both of date 25-Nov-2000.

I had the same problem, and when I put it to this
lists' attention they confirmed that the disks are
indeed broken.

Recent postings have, however, revieved the vitaly
of getting them going again for Woody. Others would
probably be better suited to comment on the progress
of that work.

For the time being you have to choose another
method of installation (network or CD maybe?).

- IT