Re: strange memory errors

Ionut Georgescu sends greetings to Marco Maggesi

>I upgraded an alpha server 400 form potato to testing today.
>I got two (perhaps related) problems:
>
>  (1) I often receive memory warnings like:
>
>less(276): unaligned trap at 0000000120002858: 00000200000a7aca 2c 1

For as far as I know this a 64-bit alignment problem. You can ignore it.
In the worst case you will get a small performance hit, which in the case
of less is harmless.

As for the X problem, it overcomes me.

Regards,
Ionut

* Ionut Georgescu
* http://www.physik.tu-cottbus.de/~george/
* ICQ: 38973105
* "In Windows you can do everything Microsoft wants you to do; in Unix you
*                can do anything the computer is able to do."