Re: why nautilus is not available for alpha

"Ivan E. Moore II" wrote:

> > "Ivan E. Moore II" wrote:
> >
> > > Ok...did my research....
> > >
> > > nautilus *Requires* 0.8 mozilla to build.  just that simple.  0.8 is not
> > > part of the distro and thus no naut.
> >
> > Did you get my email to this list of last Thursday 10:20:51 -0500?  If not,
> > please check the archives.
>
> If you refering to the "unofficial" 0.8 Mozilla packages message you
> sent then yes I did...however I don't deal with unofficial alpha packages when
> it comes to the buildd.  The reason there is no nautilus for the alpha arch
> right now is because there are no 0.8 official debs.

I'm sorry, I think this is one of those unfortunate situations where one has to
throw the hands up and say, "That's why they call it unstable."

The nautilus maintainer Takuo Kitame took matters into his own hands and built
his own 0.8, then uploaded x86 naut binaries depending on it.  Maybe you could do
the same for alpha, or else convince Kitame and the moz maintainer that an
0.8(.1)-0.1 NMU would be a good thing- at least in the short term...

In the meantime, have you tried building/running Kitame's unofficial 0.8 for
alpha?

-Adam P.

                         Welcome to the best software in