Re: New XFree86 debs...my fault

On Wed 04 Apr 2001, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > How about installing ntpdate and configuring /etc/init.d/ntpdate so that
> > it'll get the correct time automatically? :-)
>
> Our firewall blocks it, I believe, so that's no good.  I'm going to try to

It would be enough to have some system in-house that provides
time-of-day and then just use rdate; microsecond accuracy isn't
necessary, as long it's at least in the right month :-)

> bring up the "let's start an NTP server in-house" idea to the sysadmin
> again this week... :-)

Even better of course...  One master system behind the firewall that an
be reached by all local systems and that can reach out through the
firewall to sync itself.

Paul S