Re: Compaq C-compiler quick install quide

> Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
>
> > Hello !
> > On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 09:03:28AM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Does it just run create-comp-config.sh to do this, or is there more
> > > to the rpm's "postinst" script? Anyone know how I can extract such
> > > scripts from a binary rpm?
> >
> > The easiest way I know is to walk into the RPM with the midnight
> > commander, go into the INFO/SCRIPTS directory and copy the out (F5).
>
> Thank you.  I couldn't quite walk in with mc (right-cursor must work for
> directories but not archives), but copied it to my current desktop and it opened
> up in gmc just fine.

The eastiest way to extract the scripts being run, is to do a

      rpm -q -p --scripts package.rpm

with package.rpm obviously being the filename of the rpm package in question.

Regards,
Thomas Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )