RE: setiathome client does not work

I have the same problem on the alpha-debian version as well but I did find a
workaround!

There is a flag you can pass to the setiathome package that disables the
lock checks (it is "-nolock" without the doublquotes).

I verified it is processing seti information blocks so at least it is
working for me <grin>....

You probably will have to run the package in foreground mode at least for
the first new block of processing - then you can restart the package and
disconnect from the console to let it run in the background.  The reason
running it in the foreground the first time is to allow the files it needs
to be generated so when you do run it in the background it will have all the
info it needs to start unattended.....

Let me know if it works for you as well!

gm...