Re: sshd problem

On Thu 22 Feb 2001, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > FWIW it's been reported as a grave bug on ssh, apparently same thing
> > on sparc.
>
> What's odd is that one of my machines is fine and another isn't...

With the same ssh version?!  Interesting... could be useful :-)
Compare the versions of the packages that ssh depends on,
and if that doesn't help, compare _all_ versions (yuck).

> go figure.  I just tried a recompile to no avail.  Anyone know
> what changed?

I'm guessing nothing in ssh itself, but perhaps in libs / header files
it uses? (header files n/a if you have the same build of ssh giving
different results on different systems).

It sucks that strace SIGSEGVs when tracing sshd, otherwise that should
clearly point out the difference.

Paul