Re: bugs: dynamic libraries, xconsole, xdm

On 22 Feb 2001, ian wrote:

> >xfig may need a recompile.  I'll try to test this tonight to find out.
>
> This was with regard to libgtk1.2; that's what you meant to say,
> right?

No, xfig needed a recompile...new version is in incoming now.  You were
right about that strange libXaw3d...dunno where that came from.  I didn't
run it yet, but I will once I get to work today (before the dinstall run,
so if it doesn't work, I'll delete it and start over).

> Either way, same result. Using startx, on the other hand, the X-server
> comes up in less than a minute. The X-server log reveals lots of
> modules being loaded; this is the initial load time I'd be worried
> about. It doesn't seem reasonable that xdm should take so much longer
> than this.
>
> Update: I just tried it again, and xdm actually takes 3-1/2 minutes to
> bring up the X-server, and during this time it's eating 98% of the
> CPU. Try this:

Wow, that is a long time.  I'll try it again....