Re: call for ports to begin using 2.4.0 headers for glibc

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:50:47AM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:

> AFAIK, if LFS is the only reason for this, then the point
> is pretty much moot on alpha where file offsets have always
> been 64 bit.

True.  There are other benefits to come, but the change is largely
cosmetic on Alpha for now.

> I personally don't trust myself to touch libc on alpha;
> Chris usually handles that sort of thing, and I expect
> him to be back in action Real Soon Now.

Already compiled and uploaded :-)  My work machine builds glibc
in under 40 mins, so it wasn't a big issue.  As for when I'll be
totally back...ugh.  My DSL provider says that it may take at least
10 more days before I can even find out if I can get DSL installed...
then another wait of at least 15 days before I get the equipment.
I'm going to start a war today with them :-)