Re: broken tape in TZ87?

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Hello;
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove a broken tape from a
> DEC TZ87 tape drive? It made an aweful sound then all the lights on
> the right side started blinking. I tried pressing "unload" button and
> it makes a clicking sound before finally (about about 1 minute) going
> back to blinking lights.
>
> Any suggestions on how to remove the tape?

Most likely you can just push the little lever down and remove the tape.
It sounds like your tape leader (on the tape drive side) has come unattached.
If your tape isn't tangled inside you should be able to pull the tape out
easily.

--
Amy Skowronek                                   Solar Data Analysis Center
amy@aloha.nascom.nasa.gov                 NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center