Re: What hardware?

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Henry House wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 08:34:32AM -0500, Rich Payne wrote:
> > Well, for what purpose? The list of cards that SRM will work with is
> > pretty small...DE500 (Tulip) and some clones, and if you get a recent SRM,
> > Intel EEpro100 cards (WARNING: update the linux kernel driver for this as
> > the current driver has many issues!). If you don't care about SRM being
>
> Do you mean from Becker's page, http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html?

Yes.

> And what problems are there? I've been using two eepro100s in my Miata with
> standard kernels and no noticable problems. Maybe I'm just lucky :-).

How much are you pulling through the network? I was transfering iso images
(about 650Meg) between two machines with 82559 cards and after about
100Meg was transfered the NIC in the Alpha would just stop. After several
seconds it would reset and run for a little while....but very unreliable.

--rdp

--
Rich Payne
rpayne@alphalinux.org			www.alphalinux.org