Re: Is this a gcc problem?

> > Fixed...it was an optimiser bug, as I had suspected.  I'm uploading
> > the binary NMU now to woody.
>
> So what package sould i be looking to update?

libgtk1.2

As an aside, dist-upgrade from slink (long ago) and more recently to
woody had left behind libgtk1 and libgtk1.1 with no packages dependent
on them.  You might want to remove them (as I did).

> > Does potato have the same problem?
>
> Mine did.  Like i had mentioned earlier, this problem had been
> evident since i've used debian, which is about 18 months

Yes, same here.  I've been seeing this problem for a long time.  It
was only when I wanted to try out Balsa (email) recently and it
exhibited the same problem that I decided to go after it.  With luck a
new gcc will allow us to re-enable optimization.

-Doug

--
Doug Larrick  doug@ties.org  doug.larrick@compaq.com  AIM: DougLarick