Re: netscape 4.7-3

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Tom Vier wrote:

> > Good luck with KDE.. QT2 still doesn't build on Alpha. It appears to
> > be gcc's fault. :-(
>
> thanks for the warning, you just saved me many hours of downloading kde
> source. at least i can run it on my ppc box and display it to this one.

It's definitely gcc's fault and it's fixed in new
snapshots.  Unfortunately, the C++ ABI has changed between the release of
2.95.2 and now, though, so backporting a fix is proving even uglier than I
had expected.  I can definitely do it, but not without breaking other
archs.  I think that I may have to spend more time writing a different
fix, if it looks like we won't get gcc 3.0 any time soon.

In short, it's UGLY trying to get this to work...