fail to boot 2.4

Hi.

I compiled linux-2.4.0-test10 on SX164 (AlphaBIOS) running potato.
But booting this kernel failed. Please let me know hits to solve
the problem.

The procedure is like following.

# cd /usr/src/linux
# make xconfig
# make dep; make clean; make; make modules
# make modules_install
# make vmlinux
# make boot

Then new kernel is made as /usr/src/linux/arch/alpha/boot/vmlinux.gz
Reboot the machine by `reboot` command and stop the procedure while
MILO waiting for few seconds. Next command is

MILO> boot sda2:/usr/src/linux/arch/alpha/boot/vmlinux.gz root=/dev/sda2

Of corse, sda2 is the root partition. Then a line '-----------------'
which is showing the load of kernel appears. Just after that, the console
is cleard just like typing `clear` command on xterm and then MILO restarts
from the very beginning.

I selected both generic and SX164 as architecture setting of config
but in both case this problem appears.

I may be making stupid mistake. Please give me advices.

Thanks.

Toshinao Ishii
email: ici@kisweb.ne.jp (NeXTMail/MIME Welcome)