Re: New XF 4.0.1-3 debs available

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Henry House wrote:

> Are the X fonts affected by these package upgrades? I'm finding all sorts of
> font problems right now on my Alpha which don't seem to be affecting IA32
> systems. Example:

Good question.  I haven't even begun tackling those kinds of problems
yet.  I did discover some interesting things the other day, while trying
to debug libgd-perl on Alpha, though, related to some 64-bit problems in
the freetype libs.  Once I finish some gcc testing that I'm doing, I'll be
tackling a larger-scale recompilation on that front.

> Could these problems be related to other XF864 problems on Alpha? They
> certainly seem to be Alpha-specific.

I'll look into this shortly.  It's possible that some of the other
packages haven't been updated to reflect the new X layout/etc.  I'll look
into this once I get to the point where I can really test these things...