XFree86 4.0.1

Thankyou to all who have offered advice.

So far I have the new debs working simply by commenting out the GLcore and glx modules in XFConfig-4.  As we all know this is a temporary measure.

I have seen Chris' post about his upload of these modules, but I haven't had the chance to play with these yet.

My question is: has anyone had any success with the Matrox drivers for xf4?  Their website says the beta release is only for i386, but since the source is available, I thought someone had played with these.  I would love to get xinerama working on my g400 card, since i've had a spare monitor just begging to be used for months now.

I'm going to give the modules a shot tonight.

Robert