Re: Need DLT support under Linux

Hello,

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Vanco, Donald wrote:

> 	I was wondering if anyone had a DLT tape running on their Alpha - if
> so, what DLT do you have and what controller is supporting it?

I have one DLT (HP SureStore DLT40) which is currently tied to DigitalUNIX
Alpha. However, I did have it on my Linux Alpha, connected to Adaptec
2940UW. The DLT is a SCSI-2 (fast narrow) device.
I'm using GNU tar to do the backuping and it works just fine (on Linux
box as well). No special drivers are needed, it acts as ordinary SCSI tape
device.

Regards,
  Metod

Metod Kozelj