Re: segfaults and other murders

David Huggins-Daines (dhd@linuxcare.com) wrote:

> Sorry if I implied otherwise, it's just that I didn't see anything in
> the message to indicate what you were talking about.  Also, I just
> wanted to point out some things to other people who might be reading.

No problem. I guess I sort of jumped the gun. "Ready, Fire, Aim" ring a
bell? ;-)

> Perhaps my memory is failing me, but it would still be helpful to
> give a quick summary, or a tracking number from the BTS, for people
> who might be hearing about the problem for the first time.

Alright try these:

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-alpha-0001/msg00206.html
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-alpha-0003/msg00073.html

Unfortunatly I do not have sufficiant disk space to compile the gnome
libs (in relation to the second url).

> > As for nmap I was simply checking to see if anyone has had the same
> > problem. If not then I will file a bug report on it.
>
> That would be useful...  What is the problem, again?  (searching my
> mailboxes comes up blank on both licq and nmap, but I have Gnus set to
> expire my mailing list folders rather agressively)

Here is an example:

root@mustang:~# nmap -e eth0 -S 192.168.1.1 -sS -O 192.168.1.5

Starting nmap V. 2.12 by Fyodor (fyodor@dhp.com, www.insecure.org/nmap/)
WARNING:  If -S is being used to fake your source address, you may also
have to use -e <iface> and -P0 .  If you are using it to specify your
real source address, you can ignore this warning.
caught SIGSEGV signal, cleaning up

FYI SIGSEGV (SIG 11) is a core dump (segmentation fault; address reference
boundary error). As I am no coder I have no idea where to start...

Ron
--
Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>
Home:  <http://www.farrer.net>