Re: trying to install slink from cdrom on ds10...

On Tuesday, 21 Mar, Matthew Whitworth wrote:

> Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel
>
> Which I guess is a good point.  Can't seem to find a live filesystem
> containing init on the CD.  Should I be loading something into a RAMdisk?

Hmm.  It makes me wonder how slink was ever supposed to boot the
installation system from the CD, and whoever laid it out seems to have
disappeared from this mailing list...

I guess you have to resort to the dreadful floppy, but since the kernel
can be loaded from the CD, you only need the root.bin one.  The boot
command will then be something like
boot dqa0 -flags "root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1".

Nikita