Re: XF86_SVGA crashes

On Tuesday,  7 Mar, Konrad Podloucky wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I just managed to get debian installed on my alpha here, but
> unfortunately the XF86_SVGA (which I need for my Matrox keeps
> producing kernel oopses).

I've seen those with XF86_3Dlabs as well.  The Oops (which seems to point
to a kernel bug somewhere in the KDxxxxx ioctls) only happens when the X
server finds out it can't run (not configured properly) and switches back
to the text mode.  As soon as the server is configured, the Oopses should
cease.

Nikita