Re: Volunteer for compiling pkg for Alpha

On Wed 16 Feb 2000, Lonnie Sauter wrote:

> I am trying to help compile a few packages from the list at
> http://master.debian.org/~paul/alpha/diff/.  I am currently having a
> problem with vim.  I execute the command dpkg-buildpackage -b -m"Lonnie
> Sauter <sauter@debian.org>" -rfakeroot.  This works just fine, execpt a
> file for all arch's is put into the .changes file.  So I guess my
> question is how do I build the package and tell it not put _all files in
> the list for upload?

Use -B, not -b.  -B will only generate the arch-specific debs, whereas
-b will. Both won't generate the source package.

I've found that using fakeroot somtimes leads to strange ownerships in
the packages (especially where setuid programs are concerned);
apparently fakeroot has been broken in a subtle way by glibc6.1. So I
build packages as root...

Another hint: for -m you only have to supply a unique string, so
-msauter will probably work. Saves typing :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/