Palm Pilot tools on Alpha?

I am in need of developing a small program for my Palm Pilot, and
figured I would use my Debian Alpha machine.  However, the prc-tools
package (which contains the cross-compiler, cross-binutils, etc.) does
not exist for Alpha.  I pulled down the source and found out why: the
gcc in this package does not seem to support Linux/Alpha at all
(OSF1/Alpha yes, WinNT/Alpha yes, Linux/x86 yes, but no Linux/Alpha).

Does anyone have suggestions of what I can do to get this working?
(Newer gcc maybe?)

Is there any documentation on how to build a cross-development
system?  I looked in LDP but didn't see any.

Thanks,
-Doug

--
Doug Larrick  doug@ties.org  doug.larrick@compaq.com  AIM: DougLarick