Re: Tru64 Executables can't resolve DNS

> It works for me with the libs from 4.0F, though several people have
> reported peoblem with the lobs from 5.0
>
> --rdp

Yep. I should have posted to debian-alpha as well, since I'm
running slink. The problems I have are that it can't stat
svc.conf. I briefly checked with the libraries from 4.0F and I
got the same behavior. It doesn't look like it's v5.0 specific,
at least not this one. Is it (gasp!) debian-related?

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Martin Lucina wrote:
>
> > This is a problem that has been plaguing me since forever:
> >
> > Tru64 binaries for some reason cannot resolve DNS names. This applies to
> > both dynamically linked binaries (Netscape) and statically linked ones
> > (cvsup). I have svc.conf and resolv.conf in the right places. When I put
> > host names in /etc/hosts it seems to work fine.
> >
> > Kernel is 2.2.13, libc is 2.0.7 (slink) and DU Libs are from 4.0D.

Same here, except the libs are from v5.0. I'm trying this with
navigator. The machine is an AlphaPC 164SX.

> > Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

I've seen this and I don't have ideas. The workaround has been to
set junkbuster as an http proxy at 127.0.0.1 at the appropriate
port (5865 for debian). Makes http work, at least.

--
Ettore Aldrovandi -- SISSA/International School for Advanced Studies
Via Beirut 2/4, I-34013 Trieste, Italy