Re: potato updated today-> bad things!

>NOw I am have a problem milo 2.0.35-c5.6.  When I 'ls sda2:' I get
>something like:
>
>///
>///
>///
>
>.
>.
>.
>
>///

I saw something like this too.  I believe it has to do with the same
recently-introduced extensions to ext2 that broke our aboot package.

>The drive I cannot ls (BTW none of the linux (82) partitons ls, MSDOS
>works) was reconstructed from a tape backup.  This was done by
>mke2fs'n the partitons, mounting them, and restoring from tape (via
>tar).

I believe it is the mke2fs that broke you.  Try downgrading
temporarily to the e2fsprogs from slink?  Or slog through the mke2fs
docs to find out how to disable the new features?

Unfortunately the real solution is a new MILO built to handle these
changes.  I dunno where to get such a beast.

-Doug

--
Doug Larrick  doug@ties.org  doug.larrick@compaq.com  AIM: DougLarick