Re: A list of RAM modules supported on SX ?

"Andrei A. Dergatchev" schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> Axp-redhat list seems to be down a second day, I'd like to ask here - is
> there
> something like a list of supported RAM modules for Alpha motherboards
> (SX in my case). I'm planning to get some more RAM, I got burned
> already in various sheets of which PC100/133 RAM module is
> compatible or incompatible with which motherboard/processor/
> chipset, but I'm yet to see a single mention of Alpha motherboards
> anywhere :-(

Sorry, I dont´t have an SX, but I´m reading threads
about this for years. The quintessence seems to be:

A PC164SX takes plain PC100 SDRAM (unbuffered, non-ECC).
Make sure you can return them if they don´t work on your
machine though. And also be sure to install them in pairs.

Well, I don´t know if I told you anything new ...

Regards,
Stefan Schroepfer