Re: mozilla on alpha

"Christopher C. Chimelis" wrote:
>On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Peter Maydell wrote:
>
>> [Why do you think this might be a bash problem?]
>
>I never discount bash as being a source of problems :-)  Seriously,
>though, bash is a suspect since I can run the commands by hand and not get
>a segfault, but running the postinst script does segfault (making it
>exceedingly hard to debug).

I can get a segfault running by hand. It's just that it only segfaults
the first time you run the binaries, so if you try the postinst once
it segfaults and then run by hand that's fine. If you run the postinst
commands against a freshly created temp dir it segfaults reliably.

>Stick with potato, but fetch and build the gdb 5.0 source from woody.  It
>should still work on your system and shouldn't screw up any dependencies
>if you build it on a potato system.  I've used gdb to debug threaded apps
>in woody, so it should work.

OK, thanks.

Peter Maydell