boot CD

Hi.

I'm trying to get a CD booted directly from the ARC console on an Alpha XL
266. ARC requires a FAT formatted partition with a Windows-style
executable (IIRC) somewhere in it, this is how MILO boots Linux.

My problems include:
1) the XL doesn't support SRM.
2) the floppy controller on my machine doesn't work, so I MUST boot from
CD.
3) the potato CD images don't appear to have a MILO partition scheme
working.

Would it work to somehow burn one CD formatted FAT, with MILO in it,
looking for a root and kernel in the same CD-ROM drive, or even if I
installed a second CD-ROM, and had it try to use both?

-Andy