Re: svgalib on alpha

On 2 Nov 2000, Andy Mortimer wrote:

> I did try, some time ago, but with no understanding of anything
> involved, it didn't go too well!  Is there anybody on this list who
> might be able to have a look at this for me, or shall I just stop it
> even trying?
>
> At the time it came up last, Christopher Chimelis reckoned that it
> would be a difficult job with the sources in the state they were at
> that point, but I don't know how that differs from their current
> state.  If forced to guess, I would say they are probably worse! ;-)

I have a new lead on making svgalib A LOT more adaptive to the running
system type (and it's sparse and dense mem bases).  While patching up the
new X, I realised that X is using the _bus_base() and
_bus_base_sparse() functions to determine what those values are.  This
will probably prove to be a better method towards making svgalib adaptive
in that way...

I'll work on it this week and see if I can get it working (or at least
compiling).  I feel that this is a much better direction that any other
that I know of...