Re: cross-compiling a kernel

> On Nov 05, Goswin Brederlow scratched in indelible ink :

> You need to compile gcc and binutils for crosscompiling. I don't think
> debian has any of them (only i386 to m68k crosscompile stuff) so you
> have to fetch the source and read the documentation therein.

there is a good cross-compiler readme linked off the egcs home page
(egcs.cygnus.com IIRC)
that is good reading. the documentation that comes with the source is quite
reasonable too.
making a cross compiler is /fairly/ simple.  getting it to actually work is a
little less trivial ;)

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy