Re: DEC MMJ -> DB9 serial ?

> On Oct 30, Robert Parnell scratched in indelible ink :

> I have a couple DEC MMJ -> DB9F adapters which can be
> custom configured.

I am presuming that this is for the vt420 end?
I am currently using a vt320 on my As255 and it has a db25 on it.  I haven't
seen a 420 yet so don't konw what connectors it has ...

> 2.  I'm assuming that the VT must be set to 8/1/none
> to work correctly.

yes.  this is good.  it is usually the default too :)

> 3.  What /etc/inittab entry must I use to get a login
> prompt?

standard entry.  it's commented out in /etc/inittab :)
just after
# Example how to put a getty on a serial line (for a terminal)
T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 9600 vt100

remove the # from the front of the line, and then kill -HUP 1 will restart
init.  hist enter a couple of times on your vt teminal and a login should
appear.

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy