Re: UP1100 & Matrox

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Major A wrote:

> Another question on the UP1100 which I am trying to get running: There
> is a Matrox G400 in it, which runs fine with both SRM and the linux
> framebuffer console, but won't work with the XFree86 SVGA server. It
> always prints a message
>
>     xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O      ,
>
> regardless of whether the framebuffer driver is in the kernel or not.

as root, type:

ln -s Tsunami /etc/alpha_systype

(just like it says in the user manual :)

> Can anyone tell me what this message means, and how I can get the card
> to work?

I means that the glibc shipped with Potato doesn't reckognize system type
Nautilus...the link above will make it works. Basically the Nautilus
machines are similar enough to Tsunami machines that we can get away with
calling it a Tsunami (though not for kernel purposes of course). I'm
pretty sure I mentioned this to some of the debian-alpha guys a few weeks
ago.

> Also, has anyone else installed potato on a UP1100 out there? (I have
> some more minor problems...).

Yes, many times....what problems are you having?

--rdp

--
Rich Payne
rpayne@alphalinux.org			www.alphalinux.org