nis 3.8-0.1 on axp

Hi,

Is anybody else experiencing problems after upgrading to the latest NIS
security patch?  I did upgrade on a bunch of i386 machines and it worked
fine.   On an Alpha machine, however, it works only in broadcast-mode!
This is what happens (wino being the NIS-client, zino the server):

wino:~# /etc/init.d/nis start
Setting NIS domainname to: xyzdom
Starting NIS services: ypbind [binding to YP server .......... timed out]
wino:~# /usr/bin/ypwhich
can't yp_bind: Reason: Domain not bound
wino:~# killall ypbind
wino:~# /usr/sbin/ypbind -d
Trying entry: ypserver zino.physik.uni-mainz.de
parsed ypserver zino.physik.uni-mainz.de
add_server() domain: xyzdom, host: zino.physik.uni-mainz.de, nobroadcast, slot: 0
[Welcome to ypbind-mt, version 1.7]

ping host 'zino.physik.uni-mainz.de', domain 'xyzdom'
Pinging all active server.
ping host 'zino.physik.uni-mainz.de', domain 'xyzdom'
wino:~# killall ypbind
wino:~# /usr/sbin/ypbind -broadcast
wino:~# /usr/bin/ypwhich
zino.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
wino:~#

Notice also that after pinging the server, I see no line saying
"Answer for domain 'xyzdom' from server 'zino.physik.uni-mainz.de'"
as it should.  Anybody else having this problem?

Regards
    -richy.

PS: Miquel, what is the point in having bind_wait() in /etc/init.d/nis
    print 10 dots and then a 'timed out' without cleaning anything up
    afterwards?  If it has 'timed out', people don't expect ypbind to
    be around any more, do they?  As it stands, the routine seems to
    serve purely the cosmetic need of issuing a warning.
--
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel@Uni-Mainz.DE>