Re: building openssh 2.2

I have /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h.  gcc just can't find it.  I
suspect I need to get an option to configure so that it adds
"-I/usr/lib/glib/include"  to the CFLAGS.  However, being debianized
source, I shouldn't have to do that.  Is that correct?

I didn't mention this before, but I am runnig woody.

Goswin Brederlow writes:
 > "George A. Dowding" <dowdingg@koios.math.uaa.alaska.edu> writes:
 >
 > > I am trying to build openssh 2.2 from the debianized source.  This is
 > > definitly a learning experience.

Much easier, thank you.

 > fakeroot apt-get --compile source openssh

[snip]

 > > 	usr/include/glib.h:66: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory
 >
 > % zgrep glibconfig.h /mnt/space/linux.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/pub/linux/distributions/debian/dists/potato/Contents-alpha.gz
 > usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h                           devel/libglib1.2-dev,devel/libgtk-dev
 >
 > So you need libglib1.2-dev or libgtk-dev.
 >
 > MfG
 >         Goswin

dowdingg@ayes ~/src/openssh]$ dpkg -l libglib1.2-dev libgtk-dev
pn  libglib1.2-dev <none>         (no description available)
ii  libgtk-dev     1.0.6-4        Header files and static libraries for the GI