Re: Faure is back..

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Faure's disk was replaced last night, it is back and is running potato -
> it will probably be the 'stable alpha' for security uploads.
>
> It is also on the 6bone - but I haven't put in a DNS entry yet since VA is
> missing.. It is our first box to be on the 6bone natively, it runs ipv6
> over ethernet to brainfood's router which SIT's it to brainfood's colo
> which then routes over ethernet to master which SIT's it to verio :>

Fantastic!  Thank you, Jason!  I meant to provide positive feedback on the
6bone experiments that I tried, but ran out of time to write the
emails.  For all interested, 6bone works very well on Alpha (as does all
other IPv6-friendly stuff that I tried)...definitely encouraging (not even
one unaligned trap in my experiments).

Thanks again for getting faure back online.  My machine is woody already,
so I've been unable to compile security uploads (hence the lagging alpha
debs for such).