Re: "device dka0 is invalid" error

> > Hmm, anything based on an NCR875 should be fine... odd. Is the adapter
> > being seen by SRM?
> >
> > There is nice SRM HCL at <http://talisman.alphalinux.org/ALOHcl/>
>
> Just looked it up.
>
> Diamond Fireport 40
> Works in Linux = yes
> Works in SRM = No
> Reported by petrakis@alphalinux.org>
>
> Whats this mean guys? Does this mean that to boot from the hard disk
> again I would have to put AlphaBIOS back on. I blew it away last week
> :-)

Or get another SCSI controller. The Fireport 40 is a nice card (I have
one) but SRM will refuse to use it. Your other options are:

1) Boot the kernel from a floppy
2) Boot the kernel over the network...after all you said you had an ewa0
3) Buy a cheap IDE disk and boot the kernel from there

--rdp

--
Rich Payne
rpayne@alphalinux.org			www.alphalinux.org