apacheconfig broken?

Hi,

I've found that apacheconfig tends to destroy /etc/apache/srm.conf if ran
with an existing configuration and changing it. It gives errors, but does
so on i386 aswell, but on i386 srm.conf still works. On alpha, apache
will not start, and I get random results in the file, sometimes just a
comment (although correct), sometimes parts of what was once there and so
on. This is on potato that currently ships.

Anyone else has this problem, perhaps it's not a bug but something that
I've done wrong? It looks like that same thing happens with apache-ssl on
alpha, for me, that is. Couldn't find anything about it in the bug
database.

I compiled my own apache after reading another bug report about the
problems suexec created :)

/daniel