Re: XFree86 4.0.1 Phase 2 Debs

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Robert Martinovic wrote:

> install -m 644 debian/local/xfs.options.5
> /usr/stuff/xfree86-4.0.1/debian/tmp/usr/share/man/man5
> # compare manifests
> (cd debian/tmp && find -type f | sort | cut -c3-) >
> debian/MANIFEST.alpha.new
> # confirm that the installed file list has not changed
> # remove initial test once we have MANIFESTs for every
> arch
> [ -e debian/MANIFEST.alpha ] && cmp -s
> debian/MANIFEST.alpha debian/MANIFEST.alpha.new
> make: *** [debian/stampdir/install] Error 1

I basically fixed this (or bypassed it, really), but the packaging is
still screwed since it tries to move around the OSMesa stuff (and other
DRI stuff) that isn't built on Alpha.  I mailed Branden about it and am
waiting for his responce.  I'll keep the list posted (if you're not on the
list, I'll include you in the reply..just let me know).