Re: 2.2.17pre6 icmp oddities

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, elijah wright wrote:

> :)  mine is great for this... AS200 @100mhz, 40mb ram.

Yeah, perfect!  I'm using my SX (533MHz, 128MB RAM) for masq'ing duties as
well as the big development box.  I've got two sparcs under my feet now,
one of which I'll eventually relegate to that duty.  I also have an Indy,
a laptop, two P3's, and two Palms :-P  Basically, I have more equipment
than some university labs (and that's only the stuff that's running...I
have three more Alphas and another sparc that I haven't fired up lately).

> netkit-ping  0.10-3
>
> i ran update and a dist-upgrade about two minutes ago.  i've had that
> version of ping for at least a week, i think.  i'm running unstable.

Ok, I'll fix and submit the patch.  The original code was UGLY and poorly
written (it's amazing that it ever worked properly on ANY arch, honestly,
and I can still produce a bug on i386 if my patch isn't applied after all
of these years).