Re: Getting potato to work

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

> http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/readmes/utilities/mkbootfirm.tar

Thanks, I would have done that if I had access to Tru64 or something like
that :)
Anyway, thanks for all the mails I got with suggestions! I finally found
this lovely little program called srmbootfat and voila :)

Then I had to fight two more days to get my 3com nic (3c59x) working, with
2.0.x kernels it came up at IRQ 10, but with 2.2.x I had to physically
move the card to get different that IRQ (it doesn't work with 13 or 15).

Nonames seems strange when it comes to the hardware, can you (in linux)
tweak the memory speed settings the 21066 offers, or is it a waste of time
even thinking about it? It seems to love heavy overclocking :)

Now everything seems to work, so that I can go back to being a happy
Debian user. I hope it takes a really long time before woody gets stable :)

 /daniel